Job DescriptionExciting opportunity to start a career in IT working for an established IT Support company based in Thatcham. You will be providing remote support to a large and varied client base, trouble-shooting and assisting with hardware builds. Excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
|You will be part of an IT support team logging, progressing and resolving technical support calls, administering and carrying out 1st and 2nd line technical support duties.
You will receive training and support to develop the skills required to perform some of the following duties:
• Phone and Remote Control Support
• Software and Hardware installations
• Logging faults
• Hardware builds
• Network related issues
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, looking to develop an exciting new career in IT.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Must have experience of using Microsoft operating systems.
- Able to use MS Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, keyboard, mouse and simple peripherals.
- Awareness of computer viruses
- Able to install basic software
- Good general knowledge of PC hardware.
- Must be able to demonstrate having a real appetite for IT.
- Must be highly motivated
- Have good communication skills
- Able to deal with people in a customer focused environment.
Future ProspectsProgression to either Field Engineer or Full Time Help Desk Engineer, after successful completion of apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)