Job DescriptionExciting opportunity to start a career in IT working for an established IT Support company based in Thatcham. You will be providing remote support to a large and varied client base, trouble-shooting and assisting with hardware builds. Excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
|You will be part of an IT support team logging, progressing and resolving technical support calls, administering and carrying out 1st and 2nd line technical support duties.|
You will receive training and support to develop the skills required to perform some of the following duties:
• Phone and Remote Control Support
• Software and Hardware installations
• Logging faults
• Hardware builds
• Network related issues
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, looking to develop an exciting new career in IT.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Must have experience of using Microsoft operating systems.
- Able to use MS Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, keyboard, mouse and simple peripherals.
- Awareness of computer viruses
- Able to install basic software
- Good general knowledge of PC hardware.
- Must be able to demonstrate having a real appetite for IT.
- Must be highly motivated
- Have good communication skills
- Able to deal with people in a customer focused environment.
Future ProspectsProgression to either Field Engineer or Full Time Help Desk Engineer, after successful completion of apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)