Job DescriptionExcellent Opportunity to join a busy, exciting and established IT company in Reading with over 20 years’ experience. You will work on a busy helpdesk, helping to remotely support around 1600 users.
1st Line Technical Support Representative required for one of our helpdesks based in Reading.
You will be part of an IT support team logging, progressing and resolving technical support calls, administering incoming goods, processing DOA’s and carrying out technical support duties.
Reporting to the Helpdesk Team Leader / Technical Support Manager, you will receive training and support to develop the skills required to perform some of the following duties:
- Phone and Remote Control Support
- Software and Hardware installations
- Software and Hardware issues
- PC / Server builds
- File restores
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, looking to develop an exciting new career within IT.
Working WeekMon – Fri (on a rota basis) 7am to 3.30pm 9am – 5.30pm 37.5hrs per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Confident user of common hardware and operating systems.
• Confident user of common desktop application software.
• Knowledge of how to connect a pre-configured computer to an existing network.
• Able to use MS Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, keyboard, mouse and simple peripherals.
• Able to understand basic file management.
• Awareness of computer viruses.
• Able to install basic software.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience or aptitude for dealing with people in a customer orientated environment.
Personal Qualities• The person appointed must be an individual who prefers working in a team environment and who can demonstrate excellent team working attributes.
• The individual must be able to work collaboratively and to develop effective working relationships within the organisation and with customers.
• The individual must have a flexible approach and enjoy working in a rapidly changing and growing organisation.
Future ProspectsOnce you have completed the apprenticeship a Permanent opportunity to work for us may be offered and also the chance to move onto another advanced technical helpdesk.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)