Job DescriptionThis is a great opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience in all areas of IT support. You will be providing first line support to external clients and internal staff. You will need to be a driver with transport for this role.
This is a first line support role working with external clients and internal staff.
Your role will involve:
- Providing remote support services to users with technical problems and information technology issues, involving desktop, laptop or network services.
- Co-ordinating, diagnosing and troubleshooting incoming customer support calls
- Timely resolution of problems and escalation to appropriate technical personnel
- Installation of software / testing of software
- Database maintenance
- Some aspects of programming may be required
Developing, documenting and implementing standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT remote support
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsYou will need some basic technical knowledge and the enthusiasm to learn lots more! Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential, as well as being confident taking telephone calls from customer calls. A professional manner is required at all times and the ability to work under pressure.
Personal Qualities• Problem Solving
• Verbal Communication
• Operating Systems
• Knowledge of SQL Server an advantage but not essential
• Customer Service
• Quality Focus
• PC Proficiency
• System Administration
Future ProspectsFor the right apprentice, there will be an offer of permanent employment on completion of the apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)