Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity working for a growing technology company providing 1st line support to internal employees. Working closely with the IT Manager you will be dealing with a variety of internal IT issues and will be involved in IT projects both internally and for external clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the technical support team in a fast growing and dynamic technology business, whilst developing their technical skills and experience.
Workflow Group grown significantly over the last few years and the owner directors have ambitious plans for continued growth. They are now looking for technically excellent, ambitious and enthusiastic Apprentice Support Technicians to join the current team.
You will report to the IT Manager but will be expected to be self-driven and able to use your own initiative to deliver results. You will have excellent communication skills and a desire to deliver great customer service.
In return the Company will support you in your development including the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients and different computer systems within a supportive environment.
- Good personal skills
- Able to follow instructions and procedures to achieve resolution of IT issues
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to hold a conversation and communicate on a non-technical and technical level with people
- 1st point of call for the department, dealing with support issues logged by phone and email
- Experience with Active Directory and Office 365 would be an advantage
- Day to day responsibility for responding and escalation of support issues raised by internal staff and clients.
- Basic domain management such as user creation, password changes and other 1st line tasks.
- Responsible for new PC, Laptop builds and rebuilds
- Setup of email and other company apps and profiles on mobile devices
Working WeekMonday to Thursday – 8.30am to 5.30pm Friday – 8.30am to 5pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsComputer literate, basic networking knowledge, phone literate, personal interest in technology, exposure to Active Directory and Office 365 would be advantageous.
Personal QualitiesPositive attitude, Resourceful, punctual, reliable, enthusiastic, willing to learn, motivated
Future ProspectsProgression on to level 4.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)