Job DescriptionThis is an amazing opportunity to work for a fantastic professional provider of IT support and services where the apprentice would carry out tasks such as computer repair and support to customers, whilst assisting the technical team with troubleshooting.
This role is primarily first line response to managing incoming calls and tickets. Additional duties include investigating and resolving customer facing support issues. You will be a member of the support team ensuring that customer’s questions and queries will be resolved. We strive to deliver a first class customer service to ensure all clients have a good and memorable experience with the business.
Outline of job role:
- Assist the technical team to troubleshoot
- Resolve customers’ issues by performing investigative work on customer products using remote support tools.
- Carry out repairs with technical team as required
- Manage 1st line support tickets to regularly update Customers.
- Create and maintain customer information for support purposes.
- Preparation of new equipment
- Assisting with repairs of failed equipment
- Working with the team at first until confidence grows then there will be more independent work
Full training will be delivered as an when required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent customer service skills.
• Some knowledge of some or all of these systems protocols & technologies: Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office Applications, Networking and basic infrastructure, TCP/IP, DHCP, LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi & VPN.
• Ability to work in a team effectively and on own initiative.
Personal Qualities• A Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
• Enthusiastic and looking to progress in this sector.
Future ProspectsThere may be an opportunity of a permanent position for the right candidate and potential progression onto level 4 dependent on success on level 3.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)