Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company. They are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice to work within the Technical Support Team.
- Answer customer support calls via telephone and email, raising the call onto the ticketing platform
- Resolve minor issues, escalate issues if required to level 2 and 3 support technicians
- Maintain customer records, including passwords and system backups
- Contact tier 1 provider for faults and ISP issues
- Firmware updates to existing equipment
- Remote diagnostics
- Pre-build of equipment including routers switches and telecommunications systems prior to engineering install
- Attending site visits as part of the engineering team for installations
- Maintaining stock levels
- Ordering of equipment
If you believe that you fit this role, then don’t hesitate in applying as this would be a fantastic opportunity for one candidate to get a fantastic insight into a hardworking technical support team, you will be learning from some very knowledgeable members of the team, which will be able to increase your knowledge substantially.
Full training will be delivered as required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsStrong communication skills and excellent telephone manner
Good level of IT literacy
Self-motivated, with the ability to work as an individual and part of a team.
Keen interest in IT networking
Keen interest in cloud based technology
Personal Qualities• Self-motivated
• Ability to work as an individual and part of a team.
• Team player
Future ProspectsThis apprenticeship has the potential to lead onto full time employment for the right candidate. Potential permanent opportunity for the right candidate upon completion and dependent on progress on level 3 (first year) possible progression onto level 4 if suitable.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)