Job DescriptionMcManus Williams is a friendly, technology driven and forward thinking accountancy firm. We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join our busy bookkeeping and payroll department with excellent career advancement opportunities open to the right candidate.
The role will initially centre on providing bookkeeping and payroll services to a portfolio of small, owner managed business clients. Full training and support will be given to quickly get you up to speed on our suite of innovative, cloud based software solutions.
Work duties will run in tandem with attendance at college for one day of the week to study levels 3 & 4 AAT, with pay increasing quickly after year one to reward study and work performance. Financial assistance with travel expenses to college will also be provided.
• Assisting with book keeping
• Assisting with payroll services
• Customer liaison
• Customer engagement
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Computer literate
- • Team player
- • Friendly
- • Enthusiastic
- • Friendly
Future ProspectsRole is expected to be permanent, with the opportunity of progressing onto an ACCA training contract open to the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.