Job DescriptionHere at Aldous & Saunders, we understand that the role of the modern accountant is changing, new technology has changed the way we work with our clients meaning you will have the opportunity to learn traditional methods of general accounting alongside a more modern approach using cloud technology.
Aldous & Saunders provide a modern accountancy service which is focused on maintaining excellent customer service, assisting clients with their business problems and introducing clients to new cloud technology.
We work with Sole Traders, Partnerships & Limited Companies and our service ranges from small business bookkeeping using both a traditional and cloud based approach. In addition to this we also carry out other services such as tax returns, annual accounts, business advice and payroll etc.
We are currently recruiting for an accountancy apprentice to work in our Mulbarton office and become part of our team, the duties of the role will include
- Working with various cloud based bookkeeping & Accounting software, maintaining sales, purchase ledgers, bank and journals.
- Working with ETB spread sheets and smart phone bookkeeping Apps.
- Preparing statutory accounts.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Reconciling Client accounts.
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns.
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax Returns.
- Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns.
- Assisting the Administration team in maintaining an accurate and complete filing system.
- Cash reconciliations.
Greeting clients – via face-to-face, email and telephone.
Working WeekMonday to Thursday 09.00am – 17:00pm Friday 9.00am – 15:00pm 37.5 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Strong time management and general organisational skills, with the ability to work within tight deadlines whilst dealing with interruptions
• Task management – the ability to take responsibility for several tasks concurrently and ensure each is completed to the required standard
• Proven verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
• Discretion and integrity
• Customer orientated
• Effective basic computer skills including Microsoft
Personal Qualities• Punctual and committed
• Ability to meet the demands of job in conjunction with learning
• Ability to put into practice what has been learnt quickly and effectively
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Desire to learn
• Positive, proactive and flexible approach – a ‘can do’ attitude
• Team player
Future ProspectsThe potential exists for this role to develop into a full time position for the right candidate
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.