Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity to start your career in accountancy. You will become a vital member of the team whilst working towards your AAT Level 3 Qualification.
Our client is here to support business owners, help run their businesses better and save time on monthly record keeping regulations. Our priority is to ensure that the service levels our clients receive are based on what they want. Our aim is to become our client’s indispensable resource for running their business by:
- Dealing with their monthly bookkeeping,
- Cloud accounting requirements.
Due to our continued growth we now have an opportunity for an accountancy apprentice to work in our Diss based office.
The ideal candidate will be involved in:
- All aspects of bookkeeping
- Working within a busy payroll and bookkeeping bureau.
- You should have experience with all MS products and the ambition to become an Accountant.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Strong time management and general organisational skills
• Task management – the ability to take responsibility for several tasks concurrently and ensure each is completed to the required standard
• Proven verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Discretion and integrity
• Customer orientated
• Effective basic excel skills (i.e. sum and other formulas)
Personal Qualities• Punctual and committed
• Ability to meet the demands of job in conjunction with learning
• Ability to put into practice what has been learnt quickly and effectively
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team or on your own
• Desire to learn new skills
• Positive, proactive and flexible approach – a ‘can do’ attitude
• Takes pride in the quality of their work
Future ProspectsThe Potential exists for this role to develop into a full time role for the right candidate
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.