Job DescriptionLooking to start your accounts career? We are looking to recruit a committed individual to join our established team. Growing with the business this is an opportunity to gain your AAT Level 3 whilst gaining great industry knowledge. Don't miss out!!
Swinton Accountants provide a unique accountancy service which is focused on business development, customer service and solving their business problems.
We work with Limited Companies and our service ranges from helping the business to grow, financing the business right through to providing legal services. In addition to this we also carry out traditional accountancy services such as tax returns, annual accounts, payroll and bookkeeping etc.
We are currently recruiting for an accountancy apprentice to work in our Hethersett office and become part of our team, the duties of the role will include:
- Working with various book keeping software, maintaining sales, purchase ledgers, bank and journals
- Preparing management information
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct
- Reconciling Client accounts.
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax Returns
- Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns
- Assisting the Accounts team in maintaining an accurate and complete filing system
- Cash reconciliations and system review
- Greeting clients – via face-to-face and telephone
- General Office administration
Working WeekMonday-Thursday 9am-5.30pm Friday 9am-5pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Strong time management and general organisational skills, with the ability to work within tight deadlines whilst dealing with interruptions
• Task management – the ability to take responsibility for several tasks concurrently and ensure each is completed to the required standard
• Proven verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
• Discretion and integrity
• Customer orientated
• Effective basic computer skills including Microsoft
Personal Qualities• Punctual and committed
• Ability to meet the demands of job in conjunction with learning
• Ability to put into practice what has been learnt quickly and effectively
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Desire to learn
• Positive, proactive and flexible approach – a ‘can do’ attitude
Future ProspectsThe potential exists for this role to develop into a full time position for the right candidate
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.