Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity working for an established IT company based in the Basingstoke area, with substantial experience in consulting. You will work in a busy office environment with ample support to develop your skills and abilities in accounting.
• Processing of supplier invoices and setting up payments
• Marking paid Direct Debit invoices / setting up Direct Debits
• Handling and resolving accounts queries raised by the team
• Checking all sales receipts are allocated against invoices
• Chasing the team for missing receipts and reconciling the credit cards
• Chasing outstanding payments
• Notifying the sales team of money received
• Being responsible for the filing and organisation of all supplier invoices and monthly bank statements
• Assisting the Finance officer and Accounts Assistant with any ad hoc duties
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Strong IT Skills, including Word and Excel
- GCSE Grade C or above in Math
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with attention to detail
- Willing to attempt all tasks given
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to work with managers of all levels
- Flexible and adaptable nature
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest and passion for Finance
- Willing to chase clients for outstanding payments
Future ProspectsLevel 4 progression.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.