Job DescriptionSTART YOUR ACCOUNTING CAREER* Assistant Accountant and payroll ad-ministrator wanted. Main role will be that of a bookkeeper, dealing with clients rec-ords and putting these in to suitable formats in readiness for VAT returns, trial bal-ance and simple management information.
This is a training post designed to give an apprentice the opportunity to develop their financial accounting skillset. The programme involves both practical, on the job training and off the job training via an apprenticeship training provider.
Purpose of the role: a junior member of the finance team. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work across various functions in the finance team including:
• Purchase ledger
• Staff expenses
• Cash management
• Sales ledger
• Credit control
• Management reporting.
• Answering incoming calls and emails
• Use of Word and Excel
• Use internal database to update information
• Store documents
• Log information for client booking cleaning services
• Respond to all enquiries and follow up on quotes.
Working WeekMonday- Friday 9am – 5pm 1hour for lunch, 35 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Effectively manage time to respond to all enquiries in a timely manner.
- • Demonstrate a flexible attitude to assist in other areas of the business as and when required
- • Great communication skills – confident in answering the phone and dealing with customer enquiries.
- • The candidate should be familiar with MS Word and Excel.
- Interest to learn new skills.
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Calm and professional disposition.
Future ProspectsIf candidate is successful there is the possibility to progress onto Level 4 Accounting Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.