Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established and reputable finance team who pride themselves on delivering exceptional financial support. The role will be to assist with all the accounting processes and procedures, including basic bookkeeping, using computerised systems and associated administration.
|1. RESPONSIBILITIES: |
· To manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
· To check invoices received match our records and if not, query why
· Chase overdue payments
· Trade creditors and debtors
· To deal promptly and professionally with queries from colleagues across offices
· To portray a professional and friendly image of Develop when liaising with customers, visitors and sub-contractors
· To complete a variety of administrative tasks relating to the Finance department
· To develop a sound understanding of the financial services industry and surrounding legislation
· To ensure processes and procedures are followed to ensure consistency across the department
· To establish a good working relationship with all colleagues and sub-contractors.
· To collate statistical information required internally.
· To undertake reception duties when required, providing excellent customer service to visitors and external contacts both face to face and on the telephone.
· Any other duties commensurate with the post across Develop.
· Abide by Staff Behaviour Code of Conduct Policy
· To comply with Company procedures
· To keep an electronic diary constantly updated checking with line manager before making any appointments not connected to work
· To keep an accurate and up to date record of all staff training undertaken
· To attend and participate in team meetings as requested by CEO
· To respect the clients and learners needs
· To respect confidentiality of staff and learners
· To carry identification badge when on Company business
· To present oneself in a professional manner while working as a representative of Develop
· To complete the travel form as required on a monthly basis
· To participate in all inspections as required
· To maintain CPD by attending training, reading and other relevant activities
· To take every opportunity to promote Develop’s services to potential customers
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsMust have excellent standard of English, both spoken and written
Computer literate and meticulous
Organised and conscientious worker
Personal QualitiesPositive attitude
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate, progression to Level 4.
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.