Job DescriptionAssisting our accounts manager in a broad range of duties using QuickBooks software for creating and issuing invoices to dealing with supplier invoice entry, payroll and general exposure to various responsibilities such as general accounts and VAT return preparation.
• Training on QuickBooks for checking and entering BMI team expenses and supplier invoices
• Creating invoices and receipts in QuickBooks for clients based on customer orders, issuing statements, chasing payments by email, post and occasional phone follow-up
• Bank Reconciliation where necessary
• VAT preparation
• Extensive use of Microsoft Excel for generating in-house reports
• Regular phone contact with clients
• Help prepare financial information and ensure the accuracy of financial data.
• Check records for accuracy, ensuring activities are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures.
• Working as part of a flexible team in the finance department
• Using Sage Pay to process client credit card payments
• Input petty cash transactions to general ledger
Working WeekMonday- Friday 9.30- 6pm 37.5 hours
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- • Computer Literate
- • Organisation
- • Team player
- • Efficient
- • Honesty
- • Good work ethic
- • Determination
- • Ability to work under pressure
Future ProspectsProgression onto the level 4 AAT
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Watford on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.