Job DescriptionTaxAssist Accountants are a national network of accountants with over 200 offices across the UK. We specifically look after small businesses (ltd companies, partnerships and sole traders) and individual taxpayers. The role on offer will be in our Norwich office.
This is a fantastic company to work for and would enable the successful applicant to learn a lot from. A well known and respected Accountancy company that are now looking to take on an Accountancy apprentice is a great opportunity not to be missed.
Initial tasks include:
• Basic bookkeeping.
• VAT Returns.
• Bank Reconciliations.
• Wages Control Rec.
• VAT Control Rec.
• Ad hoc projects.
• Progressing to:
• Final Trial Balance.
• Basic personal tax returns.
• Basic corporation tax returns.
• Basic statutory accounts.
Please do not contact the employer directly, all applications must go through the 3aaa academy.
This vacancy may close early if a suitable applicant is sought.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Excellent communications skills.
- • Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- • Ability to work in a pressured environment and to deadlines.
- • Have attention to detail.
- • Some industry knowledge advantageous.
- • Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- • Strong interest in accountancy.
- • Desire to learn.
- • Positive, proactive and flexible approach – a ‘can do’ attitude.
- • Appreciation of the work of charity work Punctual and committed.
- • Ability to meet the demands of job in conjunction with learning.
- • Ability to put into practice what has been learnt quickly and effectively.
Future ProspectsPotential for progression to Level 4 and a permanent position for the right applicant.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.