Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts apprentice to join a dynamic and growing company. You will be undertaking activities in all aspects of accounts and office administration, along with learning new skills in using databases and excel.
This role gives the opportunity for a self-motivated person to start on the road to a career in accounts. The successful applicant will join a small 5 man team and will be immediately involved in client contact via phone, email and in person. Tasks will range from administering incoming communications through VAT compliance and bookkeeping to completion of basic personal tax tasks. The practice has a history of developing individuals through each stage of the AAT process and is a registered training organization for onward qualifications such as the ICAEW.
• General admin tasks
• Answering the telephone and dealing with clients
• Using spreadsheets to analyse client records
• Bookkeeping for clients
• Preparation of VAT returns
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents). Maths and English to be above grade C level.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate/ progression onto a higher apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experi-ence.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.