Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established and reputable accountancy practice who pride themselves on delivering exceptional financial support for their clients.
Your role will be to assist with all of our accounting processes and procedures, including basic bookkeeping, using computerised systems and associated administration.
Full training provided and your duties will include (not exhaustive)
VAT, Debtors, Creditor and PAYE Control Accounts
Processing and preparation of VAT Returns
Preparation of simple Taxation Computations
Obtain full knowledge and use of the accounting system
Dealing with scanning, incoming and outgoing post
Dealing with incoming email in connection with queries
Daily electronic filing as appropriate to your work
Entering data onto spreadsheets
Maintain the highest level of service and a quick response time to all incoming enquiries
To identify where new skills can be acquired and existing skills improved
To conform to a standard of personal conduct including appearance and behaviour as designated and appropriate
To attend internal or external training courses as directed
Completion of Accounts & other duties as required
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9- 5.30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Numerate
- • Literate
- • Reliable
- • Presentable
- Positive attitude
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate/ progression onto a higher apprenticeship
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.