Job DescriptionWorking in the idyllic setting of Lockington Hall, FPCR are looking for an Accounts trainee to join their team. A cheerful team player, who is quick to learn and keen to help, we will train the successful candidate and assist you with your studies. Knowledge of a professional practice would be beneficial.
The role will include management of our practice income in the form of project fees, and management of project costs in the form of supplier invoices and staff timesheets and expenses. These functions are pivotal to the success and smooth running of our company. There will also be involvement with processing payments received from our clients.
Here are some of the duties you can expect to be doing
Monthly Project Accounts
• To assist with the monthly project accounts production and ensure they are pre-pared in accordance with the monthly timetable and reflect an accurate financial position of the company at that time
• To ensure that timesheets/expenses operations are performed on a timely basis.
• Ensure that all purchase orders are raised and recorded timely and that the pur-chase order summaries are complete, accurate, robust and reliable
• Ensure that all supplier statements are reconciled and reconciling items are rectified
Systems and Control
• To exploit the use of financial systems to maximise efficiency and the production of information
• To assist in the development of existing controls and identify areas of weakness where controls are to be created.
Carry out from time to time, as directed, other reasonable tasks within your capabilities
FPCR are an equal opportunities employer. We encourage an active and healthy workforce and currently provide free lunchtime Pilates for those who want to take part & there is often groups out running. We have a health cash scheme.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 35 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Interpersonal skills
- • Good team worker as well as working independently
- • Competent IT skills – including Microsoft Office
- • Ability to get to Lockington – Lockington is a beautiful setting but not easy to access on public transport
- Kind and caring
- Willingness to learn and develop themselves
- Ability to think, ‘outside of the box’
Future ProspectsCould lead to full-time employment with the company and progression onto Level 4.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.