Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established and reputable family run online food & gift business based in Lavendon. This role is perfect for someone looking to start their career in accounts within a supportive team.
This role gives the opportunity for a self-motivated person to start on the road to a career in the accounts providing full support towards exams and on the job training.
1) Match purchase invoices to delivery notes, time sheets etc.
2) Post purchase invoices and update cash flow.
3) Reconcile creditors accounts to suppliers statements
4) Update Sage accounts software with cash payments and receipts from the bank statements.
5) Perform bank reconciliations on Sage.
6) Check and respond to accounts e mails as necessary
7) Take phone calls to the accounts department as necessary.
8) Process refunds and vouchers issued to customers.
9) Update stock software with goods received.
10) Match goods received to suppliers invoices.
11) Create and maintain spreadsheets for accounts analysis as required.
12) Reconcile customer accounts as required.
13) Raise sales invoices.
14) Post journals to Sage as required.
15) Help with running payroll as necessary.
16) Credit control- chasing trade debtors if necessary.
17) In busy periods help with any other jobs as may be required in a small trading company. For example assisting in the warehouse, stock taking, taking customer’s phone orders or dealing with customer queries.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsComputer literate
Personal Qualitiespositive attitude/motivated/enthusiastic
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate to continue onto their level 4 AAT and complete training provided along with excellent progression to further career.
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.