Job DescriptionThis position is in the reputable Southport office and the Staff are the main assets and you will soon learn that many of them have worked for the firm for years – something the company is proud of. Retaining Staff and providing a first-class service to Clients so that they look on Brown Turner Ross as their Law Firm of choice are key objectives fo
|Duties of the role will include:|
· Prioritising work daily
· Reception duties
· Customer service duties
· Answering calls
· Contact third parties as per senior’s instructions
· General administration duties
The apprentice will also be supported and trained to support the Finance Director in the key functions of:
· Administering payroll,
· Book keeping and VAT return records for our clients.
Other duties will include:
· You will be responsible for the preparation, recording and posting of both cash/bank paid and received in their various formats.
· Ensuring that transactions are promptly recorded in a complete and accurate manner in Sage or spreadsheets. This will in turn lead to the preparation of bank reconciliations between bank statements, cash books and general ledger balances.
· Posting payroll information for clients
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsYou will need to be: -
- Planning skills
- Highly motivated
- Confidential always
- Excellent team player
Personal QualitiesDue to the nature of the business, Brown Turner Ross are looking for someone who is diplomatic and maintains confidentiality at all times. This is a customer facing role helping at the front desk, so confidence is important.
Future ProspectsOpportunity for a permanent position could be available upon completion.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Liverpool on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.