Job DescriptionBased in the heart of Nottingham Exeid are looking to build on their Accounts team.
Main Tasks of the Job
Preparing spreadsheets and/or using specialist accounting software
Be located within the accounts department team & gain experience in liaising with other sections of the office through teamwork
Making enquiries and dealing with queries by phone or in person
General administrative duties, such as filing and data entry
Be trained to develop client contact skills throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Attend external training in order to achieve Level 3 AAT
Attend in house on the job training under the supervision of the Accounts Manager to support your development and growth.
Good understanding of basic IT packages such as Word, Excel, Google and Access
Undertake training on Sage & process authorised invoices onto purchase ledger
Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements & assisting preparation of purchase summaries
Process business expense returns & setting up new clients
Producing invoices timely & accurate which are unique to each client/project and attach supporting documentation
Banking deposits, posting to the ledger, chasing up outstanding debts, sorting out any rebates & filing
Checking VAT has been included on invoices & dealing with ad-hoc requests from the team
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsGreat IT Skills
Fluent in using IT packages such as Excel
Determined to succeed
Future ProspectsProgression to level 4 and progression with the company.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Derby on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.