Job DescriptionWe are looking for an junior accounts apprentice to support the work undertaken by the finance department. This role will be perfect for someone who is lookigng to gain an AAT Level 3 qualification whilst working within a finance department.
1. To provide support to the Finance Department with the accounts payable function. This will include assisting in the resolution of queries on purchase invoices by liaising with suppliers and staff members.
2. Preparation of the weekly BACS runs
3. To record petty cash expenditure
4. To record purchase orders on FMS (schools finance system) and place orders with suppliers by email/phone
5. To assist in the management and monitoring of free meals provided to students
6. To assist in the recording and banking of income received from students
7. Provide monthly cost centre reports from FMS and distributing to budget holders
8. Undertaking general office, reception and administrative duties as required
9. Maintenance of the online payment system, ParentMail PMX
Working WeekMonday- Friday 8.30am- 5pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Effective time management skills
- Computer Literate
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Discretion to sensitive information
Future ProspectsProgression onto the level 4 course and full time employment.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.