Job DescriptionA brilliant opportunity in the city centre to get hands on experience within a Chartered Accounts firm has arisen. You will be starting of in the VAT department working closely with the VAT manager. Only the best will be selected as the employer is looking to develop and grow the right person all the way to a ACCA.
The Apprentice will be fully supported
• Balancing accounts (often known as ‘double entry bookkeeping’).
• Dealing with sales invoices, income, receipts and payments.
• Arranging purchase orders.
• Preparing statements showing income and payments.
• Completing VAT returns.
• Checking that accounts are accurate.
• Preparing wages and managing claims for expenses.
• Helping to prepare annual accounts using computerised accounting systems and maintaining accurate records.
• Giving administrative support to accountants.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude
- Determined to succeed
Future ProspectsProgress onto level 4 is a possibility when L3 is achieved.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.