Job DescriptionA fantastic position has become available at our office in Rackheath for an Accounts Assistant Apprentice. This is a great role for anyone looking to start their career in Accountancy.If you like to crunch numbers even in your spare time, why not think about a career as an assistant accountant – apply now!
|We are currently looking to strengthen our team with an enthusiastic, hard-working Accounts Assistant Apprentice.|
Working on behalf of our clients, we offer a great alternative to a traditional office. Primarily serving customers in the construction and home office industries, Meridian Virtual Office manages all your essential business functions.
This role will be office based and the employee will take on general administration tasks, from call answering, post handling and office filing whilst completing full training towards your qualification.
· Purchase ledger
· Filing electronically and manually
· Scanning & archiving of purchase invoices and statements
· Reconciliation of credit cards
· Telephone answering
· General finance administration
· Rackheath, Norfolk
Preferred Licence or Certification
· Full UK Driving Licence
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsDesired Attributes
• Good telephone manner and communication skills
• Willingness to learn
• Can use initiative
• Full UK Driving Licence
Personal Qualities• Confidence and a good work ethic
• High level of enthusiasm
Future ProspectsThe potential exists for this role to develop into a full time position for the right candidate and progression to level 4 if suitable upon completion of level 3.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Norwich on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.