Job DescriptionA fantastic place to start your Accounts Career. If you are looking to complete your AAT and grow with an exciting business, then this is your opportunity. City based with easy travel routes this is a great way to start your accounts journey
We currently have opportunities in our expanding Accounts and Business Services departments for a Trainee Accounts Clerk/Bookkeeper.
We are looking for candidates with good GCSE’s or A levels (grades B or above at GCSE including Maths and English or C’s and above at AS/A level) to train and study towards the AAT qualification as part of a modern apprenticeship. The AAT qualification will be completed by day release. In house training will include practical experience of payroll, all aspects of bookkeeping, VAT and accounts preparation to ensure good all round knowledge.
The successful candidate will be motivated, have good interpersonal skills, good IT skills and have a desire and commitment to qualify as an AAT and work within the accountancy profession.
The Role will provide training in the following areas:
- Preparation and completion of Annual Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Completion of Corporation Tax Computations (CT600s).
- Assisting with client bookkeeping and VAT Returns.
- Payroll preparation.
- Other ad hoc work.
What can you expect:
- Salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Paid overtime, TOIL and flexitime available.
- Company Pension Available.
- For those wanting to progress their career further a structured training programme and study support is available for AAT, ACCA and ACA qualifications.
Is this the opportunity for you?
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsComputer Literate
Personal QualitiesPositive attitude to work
Motivated to succeed
Future ProspectsProgression onto Level 4 and a full time role
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.