Job DescriptionA great chance to work in a leading national residential property management company based in Hertfordshire. Having successfully worked with accounts apprentices in their accounts team before, Trinity Estates are looking to train and develop an apprentice within the Finance Department.
|The Accounts Receivable team falls within the Finance department at Trinity, and is primarily responsible for processing incoming payments, managing new and existing direct debits, invoicing and completing daily bank reconciliations.|
The workload provides a great introduction to working within a finance department.
Accounts Receivable Administrators are responsible for:
· Processing receipts on the daily bank statement
· Processing cheques & other receipts
· Issuing and processing Direct Debit Mandates
· Professionally dealing with Accounts Receivable queries – by phone, letter and email
· Taking payments over the phone
· Saving correspondence to relevant directories / files
· Generating monthly direct debit files & sending instructions to the bank
· Generating and issuing demands on a monthly basis
· Processing unpaid / cancelled direct debits
· Reallocations & transaction matching
· Completing daily bank reconciliation
· Updating double entry import journals as required
· Processing refunds and recharges
· Occasional ad hoc tasks
Other general responsibilities are:
· Supporting fellow Accounts Receivable colleagues where necessary
· Maintaining and complying with up to date procedures and other key processes
· Contributing to the teams continuous process improvements, ensuring processes and procedures are as efficient and effective as possible
· Prioritising workload to tie in with deadlines
· Building effective working relationships with other departments
· Compliance with agreed Service level agreements set
· To achieve personal and wider departmental targets and deadlines
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good numeracy skills
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Excellent written/spoken communication essential (in English)
• Good telephone manner
Personal Qualities• Attention to detail and highly numerate
• Responsible, reliable and approachable
• Methodical, organised and self-motivated
• Able to use own initiative and work well within a team
Future ProspectsProgression onto the level 4 technician apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Watford on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.