Job DescriptionWe are looking for an apprentice to provide reception duties as well as involvement in the wider business support functions within our office. We would encourage the taking part in leading a project which would bring the successful candidate directly in touch with GP surgeries, their doctors and staff.
|This is an opportunity to join a relatively small but busy team working within the NHS but as an independent company. We are passionate about training and development and would look to assess the interests and abilities of any successful candidate to guide the breadth of responsibilities that they could undertake.
Main areas of responsibility include the following:
1. General duties: answering the LMC phone line, greeting visitors, dealing with post, ordering consumables, changing server tapes, managing the LMC ‘library’ and assisting with event planning.
2. Providing admin support to the Comms Officer which may include managing the distribution of the LMC’s quarterly newsletter/other written communications, assisting with event management, social media etc.
3. Undertaking a practice engagement project whilst in post to learn about the wider role of the LMC and the day-to-running of general practice.
4. Assisting the Senior Administrator in matters around supporting the committees and other meetings.
5. Assisting with the preparation of meeting rooms including the conference room for any events hosted by the LMC.
6. Supporting the Senior Administrator in the smooth day-to-day running of the office as required.
7. Providing administrative support to PSS when requested (as agreed with your line manager).
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Good communication skills, friendly with a positive attitude.
- Well-organised and able to work with people on a one-to-one as well as in a group setting.
- Good standard of English including punctuation, grammar and spelling.
- Honesty, discretion, reliability, sense of humour.
Future ProspectsTo progress in the future of the company.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)