Job DescriptionAre you looking to complete your apprenticeship with a professional and established business where you can learn and gain a wealth of administration experience? This apprenticeship is highly varied and comes with excellent prospects for the successful apprentice.
The main purpose is to assist the Administration Team with various administrative tasks/duties and learn about the Academy administrative processes.
The key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- Assisting on the main reception front desk which will include welcoming visitors, answering the telephone, taking messages, etc
- Assisting with printing
- Filing – this will be of a confidential nature and include student records
- Provide cover in the Administration office
- Assist with the stationary ordering and upkeep of the stationary room
- Use various in house computer systems
- Maintain other computerised information
- Use MS word, Excel and Email
- Assist with on line mail shots
As part of the apprenticeship the successful apprentice will also:
- Learn the basics of the Academy MIS and the data that the Admin Team is responsible for.
- Learn about how other Academy systems work including cashless catering and online payments.
- Be aware and work within the guidelines of the Academy Policies regarding safeguarding, safety, equality, diversity and health&safety.
- Assist with other similar tasks as may be required.
The apprenticeship is to start as soon as possible for the right candidate.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsGood computer skills in word, excel and email, customer service, basic administration skills
Personal QualitiesAble to work within a team and a team member, ability to learn quickly, good communication skills, willing to put 100% in the apprenticeship, confident, motivated and enthusiastic.
Future ProspectsTo become a permanent member of the Admin Team
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)