Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity to kick start a career in Administration with an established, community-focused housing association. You will provide administrative support to a friendly team who are familiar with supporting young people through their apprenticeships.
1. To provide administrative support to the Community Development team, providing general office duties including word processing, preparation of reports and presentations and assisting with the preparation for community events.
2. To assist on a wide range of resident/community development issues working with the Community Development Team in the implementation of initiatives that support the provision of customer focused, effective and efficient services.
3. To achieve the relevant apprenticeship qualification (ie, Business Administration, Customer Service)
TO LEARN HOW TO AND THEN DELIVER THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Provide administrative support for the Community Development team including word processing, post, filing, photocopying, fax service and distribution/circulation.
2. Produce word processed documents, reports and letters from notes or written drafts using either word, PowerPoint or Excel as appropriate.
3. To undertake a comprehensive range of administrative tasks to underpin service delivery and demonstrate competencies for your qualification assessment.
4. Preparation of reports and presentations on the progress of projects.
5. Undertake research into community involvement projects and maintain contact with support networks and partner agencies.
6. Undertake research into community involvement projects and maintain contact with support networks and partner agencies.
7. To provide statistical and monitoring information within deadlines.
8. To assist in the maintenance of the section’s files and manage the IT database including spreadsheets and trackers.
9. To arrange meetings, reserve meeting rooms, prepare papers and take minutes as required.
10. Prepare and distribute office and stationery supplies and maintain and keep up-to-date stock records, reordering as necessary.
11. To administer the payment of invoices through the POP or other financial management system preparing for requisition approval and processing thereafter.
12. Assist in the distribution of publicity, information and similar material.
13. To work in partnership with colleagues within the company in the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated approach to community involvement across the organisation.
14. Ensure compliance with Golding Homes’ policies and procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements.
No job description can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times. The post holder is expected to carry out other duties requested by their manager which are commensurate with the responsibilities of the job.
Working WeekMon – Thurs 8.30am – 5pm Fri 8.30 – 4pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- A good level of literacy including IT skills and ideally a driving licence.
- Good verbal communication skills and the desire to work using own initiative.
- Customer service skills
- • A flexible and adaptable approach
- • A positive attitude
- • A willingness to learn and develop
- • To be able to work with other departments doing different tasks
- • Punctual and reliable
Future ProspectsA possible full time opportunity may be available on completion of the apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).