Job DescriptionA busy and varied administrative role supporting lawyers in our Private Client division. Because of a growing team, our Private Client team has a fantastic opportunity for a talented Administration Assistant or Apprentice Administration Assistant to provide proactive and professional support to our lawyers.
Based in our Private Client Division, your workload will be varied. Your regular duties will include:
• Sorting and scanning incoming and outgoing post
• Opening, closing and archiving client files
• Document production, including some audio typing, copy typing, preparation of PowerPoint presentations and seminar materials, emails, memos, creating and updating of Excel spread sheets
• Ensuring documents and records are stored appropriately, including ensuring filing and e-filing is up to date and accessible
• Diary and event management for the fee earners you support
• Coordinating travel arrangements and expenses
You will be the first point of contact for clients and have regular communication with them (taking messages, arranging meetings etc.), so should demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity in all your communications
You may also be involved in other administrative / secretarial activities as required, including helping other administrators and secretaries during busy periods, and to cover absences from work.
This is a busy role, with deadlines to manage and competing priorities, so you will be required to work quickly, accurately and efficiently and remain calm under pressure. You will be expected to think ahead to meet the needs of our lawyers and clients.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Previous experience of working within a busy administrative role would be of benefit, but is not essential for this role. If you have a can do attitude, and have a genuine interest in working within the legal sector, we would very much like to hear from you. You will have a caring nature, seeing this role as more than a ‘job’, taking your responsibilities to our vulnerable clients very seriously, whether the task is big or small. When it comes to individuals’ lives, every detail matters, so you will be someone who considers the wider implications of what you do, and who likes to go the extra mile.
- This role will suit you if you would like to prioritise your own workload, work closely to deadlines, and can work with minimum supervision and under pressure. You will need to demonstrate from experience that you are exceptionally organised and proactive, that you have a flexible, resourceful attitude, and that you have the skills to work closely with various stakeholders and have direct contact with clients. We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and in providing a first-class support service, anticipating our lawyers’ and clients’ needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work. You will have excellent spelling and grammar, be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint, and be comfortable with learning new databases and other software packages. You should be able to demonstrate a solid level of academic achievement, with a minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths. Finally, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn and develop, which will help you thrive in this role.
Future ProspectsLevel 4 progression
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)