Job DescriptionWe have an exciting opportunity for a Business Admin apprentice to join our administration department as a general administration clerk to help with all aspects involved in the smooth running of the department. We are looking for individuals with self motivation and a pro-active approach to delivering customer excellence.
As a Business Admin apprentice you will provide friendly and efficient administrative support for the company. The ideal candidate will be focussed with a friendly, outgoing personality and have the confidence to deal with customers and colleagues over the telephone and face to face. A good working knowledge of IT systems is essential to the role and a good level of English would be an advantage. An ability to interact and build good relationships with customers and colleagues alike is desirable, as this is an important part of our company ethos. A flexible and open minded approach is needed to be able to work as part of a team, with the ability to follow instruction in line with company policy and procedures.
You will have support within the company and will be working towards [Business Admin Level ?] Apprenticeship.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To answer general telephone enquiries, both external and internal with a pro-active approach.
• To ensure all messages taken are relayed with speed to the relevant person by the appropriate means.
• To greet all visitors to the company with tact and discretion.
• To take responsibility for incoming and outgoing parcels and mail.
• To aid with booking of travel arrangements as required.
• Maintain and manage accurate data, files and records.
• To produce reports and other correspondence using a range of office technology packages, to a high standard of accuracy and presentation.
• To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing the company.
• To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with the post.
The Person Specification –
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 40 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCustomer Service Skills
Excellent communication skills written and verbally
Personal QualitiesBe able to follow guidelines and instruction
Attention to detail
Future ProspectsFull permanent prospects
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)