Job DescriptionThe Glass Radiator Company is looking for a well presented and motivated individual who can look after the general work that is carried out in the office. The ideal person needs to fit within the small team at the office and would need to help in the warehouse as well as assisting in the activities in the office.
• To respond to customer enquiries, following up quotes, in putting orders and following up on the progress of orders.
• To manage the orders, complaints, queries, invoices and credit notes from customers.
• To liaise between our suppliers and the customer to ensure product orders are coordinated and dispatched together.
• To develop and maintain excellent product knowledge
• To deal with any customer complaints promptly and efficiently and arranging action within agreed timescales, referring to line managers where appropriate, to maintain customer confidence.
• To provide back up support to the sales team, processing orders and liaising with the sales representative where necessary to ensure orders are correctly specified.
• To provide support to the sales team in relation to printing, collating, posting, franking, data entry, maintaining of sales call lists, or any other administration task that helps the sales team.
• Liaise within the team to ensure all invoicing is completed on time and filed correctly. This may involve raising the invoice and / or processing the payments made from customers as required.
• To maintain the companies electronic and paper files in good order an ensure logs are kept up to date.
• To undertake any other reasonable miscellaneous duties as requested by the company.
Website, facebook and twitter.
• To update the website costs and prices, customer photos and news feeds as required.
Within the company we operate the usual Microsoft word and excel packages, as we as a Contact Management System which training will be given on.
In addition we use Photoshop within the office to manipulate images, and we operate our own website, part of the time spent per week will be updating content on these platforms and once again in – house training will be given.
We offer a formal contract of employment which meets all the current statutory requirements and after the Apprenticeship is completed you will have the option to be a permanent member of the office team.
Working WeekMon – Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm 5 days per week, 1 hour for lunch 40 hours per week.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Knowledge or basic skills of Microsoft word
- Knowledge or basic skills of Excel
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge or basic skills of Photoshop
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good team player
Future ProspectsTo progress on to level 4
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).