Job DescriptionPassionate about IT? Want to kick start your career? Already successfully studied and completed IT Level 3? If so, this could be the role for you! We are looking for an Application Support Analyst Apprentice. You will be working within a team to provide effective IT support to the MOD Defence Academy IT Systems.
Your role responsibilities will include the following:
- Respond to support calls, providing 2nd line support for the applications supported by this position, diagnosing problems and providing guidance to users on correct use of applications where necessary.
- Being fully proficient in using the support call management system, including the monitoring of the Development Team support call queue.
- Resolution of support calls, entering accurate details into the support call management system, and adhering to defined policies and procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of the applications and a good understanding of the databases supported by this position.
- Configuration tasks related to the supported off the shelf applications, including SharePoint 2016
- Produce test plans and carry out testing of application releases, reviewing functionality against specifications.
- Undertake data tasks by writing Transact SQL statements to retrieve or update data values in the SQL Server databases.
- Create reports using SQL Reporting Services.
- Writing user and technical documentation to support applications
- Provide training and demonstrations of applications to users.
- Integrate fully and be a proactive member of the IT Team supporting other individuals to contribute to the overall success of the team.
It is a condition of employment that all employees undertake any reasonable task, within any department or area, that they are directed to perform which is relevant to the company’s task at the Defence Academy, and is within the competence and ability of the employee
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsDue to being a Level 4 apprenticeship, all applicants must have a IT Level 3 qualification to be eligible for this role.
Desired Skills• Self-starter with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to carry out tasks, adhering to exacting standards, whilst working to tight deadlines.
• Ability to prioritise workloads.
• Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• A positive attitude toward teamwork and a commitment to contribute toward the achievement of team goals.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
Personal Qualities• Self-motivated and committed
• Good Personal hygiene
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
Future ProspectsSerco is a multi-national company that is able to offer a wide range of career and further job opportunities both within the UK and worldwide. Our people management programme encourages internal advancement and active support is given to all employees’ Continuous Professional Development.
• Edexcel BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals (QCF).
• City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma for ICT Professional
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)