Job DescriptionWould you like to gain practical experience as well as gaining a IT BTEC Qualification? This apprenticeship is working with a prestigious IT company based in Birmingham.
Job Description: The role is to design, develop and test software as part of a team to enhance the functionality of our applications, which allow automotive retailers to run their business. It also includes diagnosis and fixing of software faults. Other responsibilities include assisting with the ongoing development of coding standards and participating in the quality control activities undertaken in the team, such as test plan creation and code walkthroughs.
This is an opportunity to gain experience of commercial applications programming in a professional software development environment.
Skills and Experience: Candidates must be highly motivated to work in the programming of business applications. Previous programming experience and/or a degree in Computer Science would be an advantage but these are not mandatory as full training will be given. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Project-oriented, focused on quality and delivery
- The ability to research problems and recommend solutions
- Good team worker
- Reliable and organized
- Creative and self reliant.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• IT Literate
• Customer Service Skills
Personal Qualities• Committed
• Willingness to learn
Future ProspectsPossibility to progress onto a level 4 qualification
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)