Job DescriptionLooking for a career in Technical Support?Our client is looking for a strong, effective communicator to join their IT Support Team.The company is in a period of exponential growth and needs to ensure that they have the skilled work force required to service their customer’s needs.
Addvance have experienced exponential growth over the last year and expect the same levels of growth next year.
You will provide 1st and 2nd line support to clients, both over the telephone and through site visits.
Typical roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line Helpdesk support
- Updates projects both internally and externally using the Basecamp software
- Liaise with the internal departments to ensure the smooth implementation of projects
- Install systems in line with the project requirements
- Train the client on the POS systems and back office software
- Provide Go-live support on projects
- Build client databases to the specification supplied by the sales team
Full training and support will be provided as part of this apprenticeship
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9 till 5.30 37.5 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Some technical knowledge is desirable
• An interest in the software industry is desirable
Personal Qualities• Practical problem solver
• Good use of own initiative
• Friendly & Helpful
Future ProspectsAlthough they haven’t had apprentices previously, Addvance IT will support hard working apprentices onto Level 4 programmes, with the ultimate aim of offering full-time employment at the end of the apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)