Job DescriptionHow would you like to join an award winning Accountancy Firm in Derby?With multiple sites across the Midlands, Smith Cooper are looking to add another apprentice to their Insolvency Team.Reporting to the Insolvency Team, you will carry out a range of duties including preparing financial documents, depositing funds & drafting invoices.
|Through success and growth we are looking for an Account/Sales Apprentice to join the team.|
Dealing with new sales opportunities and sales support you will liaise with clients to support the sales and accounts function of the business and to become an integral part of the team.
· Using internal computer system to generate customer quotes effectively and efficiently
· Quoting to include the whole sales process. Sourcing items, building client facing quotes and winning the client sale.
· Ordering sales from multiple vendors
· Contact suppliers through telephone and email channels
· Provide day-to-day administrative support to the sales and accounts department
· Complete all tasks accurately and efficiently within the required timescales
· Email administration and communication
· Liaising with Engineering and Help desk to establish when tickets are completed
· Register Extended Warranty Carepacks
· Post Purchase Ledger Invoices
Working WeekMonday to Friday, 9am till 5.30 with 1 hour lunch
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Strong Maths and English skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office programmes
Personal Qualities• Confident & Personable
• Enthusiastic & Bright
• Team player - committed to contributing to team objectives and passionate about helping customers.
Future ProspectsA full time role and progression to level 4 is available for hard working apprentices.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Derby on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.