Job DescriptionThis role will introduce the apprentice to varied responsibilities from bookkeeping, to preparing company accounts and payroll services. The successful candidate will work within a team and deal directly with our clients.
The successful candidate will report to and assist the Account Managers with their client portfolio to deliver regular accountancy and tax services.
The role requires a highly organised individual to manage multiple tasks, plan their work, communicate internally and externally and prioritise their work accordingly.
Training will be provided to offer the candidate a range of skills including:
Bookkeeping – preparation of clients financial books from core records using software such as Xero, Kashflow, Quickbooks.
Preparation of VAT returns
Payroll – processing a client’s payslips, making submissions to HMRC
Accounts preparation – management accounts and end of year accounts
Maintaining the company client database
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30am (1 hour lunch break)
Requirements & Prospects
Qualificationsminimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- Computer literate. Basic Microsoft Office experience particularly Excel. Customer service and communication skills
- A driving licence will be an advantage as the role develops as some travelling to client sites may be required.
- Highly organised
- Natural communicator
- Professional approach to work
Future ProspectsThe expectation is for the candidate to continue with the firm well beyond the first year’s apprenticeship and complete Level 4 AAT.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Bristol on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.