Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity to join New College Leicester!!
Summary of job tasks:
The tasks listed are, generally, only those taking at least 10% of the post holder’s time.
1. Provides first level advice/information, face to face, on the telephone and in written formats, to parents, carers and other callers to the school.
2. Provides administrative and clerical support including analysing data, arranging meetings, taking minutes and distributing notes for professional meetings in the school.
3. Updates and maintains the relevant filing, clerical or computerised record systems, databases, spreadsheets etc and assists with the inventory management and stock ordering.
4. Keeps up to date with the relevant guides, procedures, forms, etc. used in the school.
5. Assists in organising events etc. and in accompanying groups of students/teachers.
6. To phone parents under instruction.
7. Acts as First Aider, maintains medical inventory, records, liaises with medical staff/authorities.
Working Week8.00 am – 4.00 pm Monday – Thursday, 8.00 am – 3.30 pm Friday: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term-time only)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Numeracy and literacy qualifications to NVQ level 2 e.g. GCSE grade C in English and Maths or demonstrable equivalent level of knowledge and aptitude
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office
- Appreciative of the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters
- The right candidate will be Creative and have brilliant decision-making skills.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate and possible progression to level 4 based on level 3 completion.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)