Job DescriptionDo you have good organisational skills? Are you a confident communicator? Are you good at multi-tasking? Premier Solicitors are looking for an Administration Apprentice and if you think you have all the right skills, this job could be for you!
All Administrative Assistants must have the ability to perform the tasks and skills set out below, which describe in general terms the basic duties of Administrative Assistants.
The prime role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide direct support to his/her principal to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The Administrative Assistant is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
Your main duties within this role include:
1. Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual
2. Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch, whether by post or e-mail
3. Carry out copying out tasks whenever asked to
4. Assist in answering the firm’s telephone calls by transferring calls to the correct departments and taking messages for other members of staff
5. Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for his/her principle
6. Prepare a meeting room for meetings as necessary and carry out the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting
7. Provide refreshments when asked to do so by the supervising Fee Earner/ Partner
8. Provide support to other administrative assistants as required
9. Provide guidance to work experience, junior and temporary Secretaries when required to do so
10. Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
11. Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-develop
12. Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information
13. Undertake other clerical and administrative duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Using IT systems and packages, in particular Microsoft Office.
• Working as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Responding to queries and simple problem solving.
• Setting up and maintaining manual and electronic filing systems.
• Diary management and appointment booking using computerised systems.
• Practical experience of working in a busy office environment.
• Experience of minute taking
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to motivate and engage with others
Personal Qualities• Positive outlook
• Willingness to learn
• Able to work well under pressure
Future ProspectsFull time employment opportunity for the right Apprentice based on the completion of the Apprenticeship.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)