Job DescriptionLooking to develop a career in business administration with a global business? EPC UK are market leaders in the field of explosives, drilling & blasting and are looking to add an apprentice to the team. Reporting to the Head of HR, you will carry out a range of administrative duties, including greeting visitors and distributing correspondence.
EPC are looking for an Administration Apprentice to join their internal HR Team, based predominantly in Alfreton (may be required to travel to other sites also).
Reporting to the Head of HR, your key accountabilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• To be responsible for all travel bookings for EPC-UK including air and rail travel and hire cars, etc.
• Answer all incoming calls on an extremely busy switchboard – using Alcatel – 5 incoming lines, approximately 150 extensions.
• Greet all visitors including customers, members of the Public, couriers, etc.
• Sort incoming mail and ensure distribution to relevant departments including operating the franking machine and ensuring accurate post records are kept.
• Liaising with Couriers regarding collections and shipments including the relevant paperwork. Obtaining quotations to ensure the best possible price and service is sourced
• Organising catering for meetings, training etc. Monitoring and liaising with event organisers to ensure all arrangements are catered for. Checking of orders for catering against invoices.
• Stationery – maintain stock control and ordering of all office stationery requirements including Company letterheads, compliment slips, etc.
• Christmas Cards/Diaries/Calendars – Ensuring the customer database and business contacts are kept up to date – coordination of despatch etc.
• To provide confidential administrative support to the Managers based at Venture Crescent, ensuring that all work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
• Prepare and distribute reports and management data on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
• Adhoc duties as required
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Some previous administrative/clerical work experience is desirable
- Strong communication skills – explaining things in a clear and structured manner
- Ability to maintain a professional and appropriate work environment
- Able to demonstrate promptness and assertiveness when tackling situations.
- Can develop skills of others so that they can deputise
- Able to maintain control over area of responsibility at all times including documentation
- Must be effective in making basic decisions and escalating when appropriate
- Must be effective in basic problem resolution falling within area of responsibility
- Can process high volumes of data whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office and other specified software
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to operate as a valued team member / builder
- Able to identify the source of some problems within area of responsibility
- • Must be open and approachable
- • Creative and forthcoming with regards to implementation of new ideas
- • Have a basic understanding of the key performance areas / indicators of the department
- • Must have a basic working knowledge of all activities / tasks carried out within area of responsibility