Job DescriptionHave you thought about a career in Recruitment, probably No as nobody sets out to become a Recruiter? However, it can be a rewarding career for the right type of person.
It is a hugely challenging but rewarding job. You have probably heard the phrase “Never work with children or animals” and this could be applied to the Recruitment Industry as you are working with people (both clients and candidates) who just don’t behave the way that you are hoping for!
If you are resilient person who can take the highs and lows of live with a positive attitude a career in Recruitment might just be right for you.
We are currently recruiting for Apprentice Recruitment Consultants in Borehamwood. Ideally you will be within commutable distance of the town as the hours can be long at times (standard hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday). With a flair for social media (you are getting paid to be on Facebook!) as well as IT in general (hopefully you will teach us a thing or two). In return we will train you in the ways of Recruitment with a mixture of on the job training as well as structured workshop training leading to a Level 3 qualification, this will cover areas such as researching candidates, clients requirements, pre-screening, relationship building and using social media as a tool. The opportunity for further qualifications is there to be taken as well.
So what does the ideal Recruitment Consultant have?
Not afraid of rejection, people will say No to you a lot (some even lie)
- Hard worker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to listen and learn whilst also providing feedback and your own ideas
- If you are successful in this industry of course you will earn good money, you will also always be in demand from potential companies for your skills, effectively you will be building you own desk so you will have ownership.
- As this is an Apprenticeship role full training will be given. Successful candidates will be working towards a Business Administration L3 Qualification.
Working Hours – Monday to Friday 9.00am till 5.30pm
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Computer literate
• Strong communication skills
• Good people skills
Personal Qualities• Positive, can do attitude
• Ability to see a problem and provide a solution
• Able to plan and prioritise
Future ProspectsAfter completing your apprenticeship, you will be able to progress into a level 4 or into a full time position.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)