Job DescriptionExciting opportunity for an apprentice Business Administrator Working in a pressurised office environment managing your own role, being accountable to the Department manager and the owner of the company.
Opportunity to work for an expanding accountancy firm as an apprentice Administrator, undertaking the following tasks:
- Sorting large amounts of paperwork including removing staples, arranging in supplier order size and learning to understand what you are doing and why.
- Using a computer and a scanning system to scan and upload the info into specific locations.
- E/mailing the information and scanning location to the correct person
- Liaising with clients by e/mail and phone to chase information needed within a deadline and keeping the information received updated. The extensive use of control sheets is required.
- Must be confident and able to liaise with clients on all levels.
- Must be able to commit to doing monotonous work with care and attention and within deadlines given
- Filing and organising of client’s paperwork in specific orders … updating the files constantly.
- Managing client files and paperwork … when to send back to clients and what we need to keep
- Must be organised, diligent, competent and able to work efficiently whilst meeting the standards required both in the standard of work and staying on target with the workload
- Following up on information needed each month to complete Vat work … this involves calling clients consistently to get the information you need…. you will need to be able to speak to clients in the correct manner to achieve the results needed and you need to be able to build a rapport with them and know what you need from who and by when.
- Confidentiality and data protection is paramount along with professional work ethics and values.
Accountancy solutions will train you on additional responsibilities if you master your own role and become capable competent team members.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. Occasional Saturdays
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsIT competent
Competent in Excel, Word and Outlook plus will be trained to use a FTP Scanner.
Excellent communication skills (Both Written and verbal)
Working within a team effectively being respectful of colleagues and being able to work on own without constant supervision.
Future ProspectsPotential to progress onto level 4 progression and permanent employment.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)