Job DescriptionThe National Construction Academy has fantastic opportunities for hardworking and driven people to work as part of a bricklaying companies, constructing commercial and private developments. The chance to join one of the highest demand sectors in the country, with the opportunity for long term career progression!
Through the apprenticeship programme you will be taught by a qualified member of staff who will teach you the skills and knowledge you need to know to successfully complete the qualification.
The successful apprentice will learn how to use all the specialist hand tools, machinery and power tools associated with this role. You will need to show attention to detail when cutting and aligning brickwork and slabs. You will be shown how to use all the power tools and specialised cutting equipment safely and correctly by a qualified member their team.
You will be involved in applying and sealing foundations with materials that are damp-resistant and spreading and removing excess mortar. When working with bricks you will also learn how to inspect vertical and horizontal brick alignment.
You will learn how to build arches and brick structures along with repairing and restoring brick structures, supporting with the maintenance of our existing academies.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 7.30am – 4pm 40 HOURS PER WEEK
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Reliable and a good time keeper.
• Ability to cope with the physical demands of the role.
• Adaptable to weather changes
Personal Qualities• Keen to succeed
• Hardworking and have some experience of the trade.(Although this is not essential)
• You need to be willing to learn and have a genuine interest in the construction trade
• Must be a good team player and have the ability to get on with all people at all levels.
Future ProspectsUpon completion of your level 2 there are opportunities to progress to a level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Many apprentices progress through the industry into management positions or set up their own businesses.
• Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bricklaying
• Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
• Level 2 Functional Skills