Job Description3aaa have an exiting opportunity of a Business Admin Apprentice to join the team at our academy in Swindon. This role incorporates study and completion of the NVQ level 3 in Business Administration whilst working in a specific department during the one year fixed term placement.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• To provide a range of clerical duties including photocopying, sending emails, filing, message-taking, sorting and distributing post, etc.
• To respond to routine correspondence and inquiries from students, parents, staff, suppliers and other stakeholders.
• To deal with all customer contact effectively, and courteously, in line with 3aaa’s Academy’s policies and procedures.
• To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
• To assist with the organisation of meetings and events, ensuring that all necessary arrangements are made.
• To contribute to setting up office procedures.
• To study towards and complete the NVQ level 3 in Business Administration.
• Any other appropriate duties under the direction of the line manager for the placement, applicable to the grade and qualifications of the post.
• To work within academy policies and procedures, including Pupil Behaviour Policy.
• To contribute to the provision of an effective environment for learning. To support the promotion of positive relationships with parents and outside agencies.
• To care for their own and other people’s health and safety.
• To be aware of the confidential nature of issues.
• To contribute to the overall ethos, work & aims of the academy. Actively participating in performance management.
• Identify personal training needs and other learning activities as required.
• Develop an understanding of polices & procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner.
• To recognise own strengths, areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good administration skills
- Attention to detail
- • Positive attitude
- • organised
- • motivated
- • enthusiastic
Future ProspectsTo progress on to a level 4
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).