Job DescriptionExcellent Apprenticeship opportunity at Lowestoft 6th Form College in our ICT Support Department working as a Business Administrator. If you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the motivation to succeed, please apply
To welcome, direct and offer information to all college users of the College reception service. To provide business administration services across College with a key focus on undertaking administrative tasks associated with Finance, Student Services and ICT Support.
Key Accountabilities – Business Administration
- To assist across the College with providing business administration services to Finance, Student service, Learning Resource Centre and ICT Support.
- To undertake the processing of correspondence, reports and other documents to corporate standards and deadlines.
- Liaise with members of the public, suppliers, schools and other external stakeholders.
- To assist with the preparation and maintenance of statistical information, including performance indicators and the arrangement of learner surveys, as may be required.
- To respect the confidential nature of the work and protect personal information in accordance with data protection regulations and policies in place.
- To assist with setting up College & external events and providing technical services during the events.
- To greet and give information to visitors to the College as required
- Operate the switchboard in a speedy and courteous manner ensuring calls are placed and handled
- Take and pass on messages ensuring these are forwarded to the necessary staff in a timely manner
- Prepare and distribute staff and student badges and car parking permits as requested
- Assist with the distribution of marketing materials, for example fact sheets, prospectuses, broadsheets and other College publications Assist with reprographic duties as requested – photocopying, laminating etc
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the curriculum portfolio
- Handle the outgoing post ensuring mail is processed correctly
- To complete administration tasks associated with student work placements including maintaining accurate records
Marketing & Social Media
- To assist the Marketing & LRC Assistant with uploading content onto the Colleges Social Media platforms including the College’s website and Dashboard
- Adhering to the department’s operational standards, ensure that the college’s needs are met through appropriate ICT solutions
- Work effectively with suppliers as required.
- Communicate effectively with every user of the college’s ICT systems.
- Communicate effectively with the Head of ICT, Development, Health & Safety and Estates on any ICT relating issues.
Health & Safety
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are adhered to with regard to the operation, assembly, dismantling, cleaning, safe transit and storage of equipment.
- Follow relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures and help to raise awareness among staff, students and other users.
- Report any Health & Safety issues to the Head of ICT, Development, Health & Safety and Estates relating or Senior ICT Technician to ICT.
- To attend regularly and contribute to all department and cross college meetings as required.
- To develop and maintain professional, productive relationships with all members of staff within the college.
- To support the ICT department commitments to quality and continuous improvement.
- To undertake staff development as directed by the Head of ICT, Development, Health & Safety and Estates and the college.
- To be aware of and follow College policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health & safety, security, confidentiality and data protection.
- To celebrate diversity and promote equality, ensuring everyone has equal access to College Services regardless of gender, social, cultural, linguistic, religious and ethnic background.
- To comply with the College’s Financial Regulations and Procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty assigned by the Head of ICT, Development, Health & Safety and Estates, Principal or Vice Principal.
The job description outlines the main duties and responsibilities in general terms only and is not intended to be prescriptive. Actions of the post holder will have significant impact on the future direction of the post. The above duties will inevitably change as the work of the College develops. The post holder should therefore expect periodic variations to this job description. This job description may also be supplemented on a regular basis by individual objectives derived from college strategies. The post involves commitment to working outside the normal College timetabled day.
Working Week08:30am – 17:00pm Monday to Thursday 08:30am – 16:30pm on a Friday 37.5 HRS PW
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
• Ability to use initiative
• Organised and methodical approach to work
Personal Qualities• Flexible and adaptable
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Ability to work in a committed and professional manner
Future ProspectsThe potential exists for this position to develop into a full time position for the right candidate
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)