Job DescriptionAre you looking for an opportunity to join a private NHS Surgery based in Willington Derbyshire? Do you have a methodical approach to work and a forward thinking-mindset, with a can-do attitude? If so read on……………as an opportunity has arisen for a Business Administrator to join their team!
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken may include any or all of the items below. Duties may vary from time to time under the direction of the management team, depending on current and evolving practice workload and staff levels.
• Process face to face and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations into a computerised system in accordance with practice protocol, ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate health care professional.
• Ensure patients have checked in as they arrive either, at the front-desk or self-check in system.
• Register new patients ensuring all relevant documentation has been completed and relevant identification has been obtained.
• Deal with patient’s change of names and addresses; ensuring relevant documentation has been completed/obtained.
• Process assigned tasks allocated to the administration team.
• Process and distribute incoming and outgoing post.
• Filing and retrieving paper notes.
• Undertaking as and when required word/data processing, chronic diseases recalls, filing, photocopying and scanning.
• Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies.
• Deal with patient’s requests for repeat medication, in a safe and appropriate manner, following the practice protocol.
• Maintain all public areas to a high standard throughout the day.
• Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required and keeping the kitchen area’s clean.
• Working with and as part of whole practice team to deliver excellent, care, communicating directly with the appropriate person.
• Shred confidential waste produced on a daily basis. On occasions shred waste produced by colleagues and clinicians.
• Receive and record payments both in the post and from patients for non-NHS services provided by the surgery.
• Help direct patients to upstairs tenants.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Computer literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective customer service
- Adaptable to change
- Interest in the NHS and it’s functions
- Forward-thinking mindset
Future ProspectsFor the appropriate candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 qualification or secure a full-time position will be available.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).