Job DescriptionDavies is a multiple award winning, insurance service provider at the forefront of industry. As an ever-expanding business offering excellent future potential with fantastic career opportunities wouldn’t you want to be part of the team? If you are looking for a friendly and supportive team with the opportunity to learn and get involved, apply today
Davies Group are looking for an apprentice to develop into a fully-fledged claims handler, this role operates with a high level of autonomy allowing you to make informed decisions about the claim. There is a host of additional support from an outstanding employer that nationally invests in their people.
The core duties of this role include:
• Correspond with Policy Holders, Clients & Brokers via telephone, email and post in an efficient and professional manner
• Review data including policy wording to set up new claims, appoint contractors and to update claims on internal systems and make appropriate decisions on validation or repudiation
• Manage personal allocation of claims, post and diary work in a timely and efficient manner
• Handle claims in line with client specifications and the appropriate service standards while providing a high level of customer care
• Issue payments to policy holders and suppliers for settlement within an agreed delegated authority
• All employees are expected to carry out any reasonable instruction given by their senior manager, in line with business requirements
Whilst in the role you will be fully supported to develop your knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsMust hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
- • Good communication skills, written and verbal
- • High standard of numeracy
- • Good attention to detail
- • Experience using Microsoft Office
- • Organised with attention to detail.
- • Ability to focus on the job at hand.
- • Well presented.
- • Enthusiastic, positive approach.
- • Desire to learn and progress.
Future ProspectsA real possibility of a permanent job and further training at Level 4 and beyond.
Workshops that will be delivered include the following:
• Workshop 1: Business Knowledge & Understanding
• Workshop 2: Professional in the Workplace
• Workshop 3: Decision Making and Managing your Performance
• Workshop 4: Principles of Business
• Workshop 5: Business Systems and Processes
• Workshop 6: Project Management