Job DescriptionDo you want to work for one of the top 15 firms of Chartered Accountants within an IT role that will allow you to gain excellent skills and work experience working within a small team of specialists in IT?
The role will be based at our National Office located in Milton Park, Abingdon. You will report to the National Head of IT.
As part of the Haines Watts Group Services team, IT works with the National Board and IT Committee to manage the contractual relationship with Haines Watts IT providers. It also ensures that the technology needs of Haines Watts are met by providing strategic and operational advice, utilising the most up to date technology solutions. IT underpins the foundation of a sector that is rapidly engaging the digital revolution.
This role is for someone who can research, make recommendations and work on detailed technology projects whilst providing a high level of service to internal clients on variety of existing systems and new projects. A keen desire to embrace the latest technology is essential.
Although not exhaustive, you can expect to perform the following key functions:
• Support the National Head of IT in and administrative role
• Support the creation and curation of data housed within our Intranet (Sharepoint 365)
• Support the creation and curation of data housed within our Artificial Intelligence Framework
• Create KPI’s using Microsoft Power BI
• Carry out research on emerging technology pertinent to the Accountancy Sector
• Support local Haines Watts offices with best practice advice on incumbent technology
• Be prepared to travel nationally
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good people skills
• Previous knowledge of IT is desirable
• Someone who has a passion for computers
Personal Qualities• Use own initiative
• Be proactive
• Keen to learn
• Desire to get into the working world
Future ProspectsProgression and full time role for the right candidate.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)