Job DescriptionAs an Apprentice at The Co-operative Bank you will be on a 15 month programme and based within the Contact Centre in Skelmersdale. We don’t just hire anyone! - We look for talented apprentices with something about them and who share our values and passion for a customer led environment.
You will gain a thorough understanding of our customer contact centre and the roles within the different teams.
Your role will be to deal with individual customer contacts, enquiries and requests in an effective manner which satisfies the customer, supports the achievement of business goals and is in line with all procedures and standards.
Role holders will interact with our customers through a range of channels (telephone, paper mail, email and other internet channels) and will act as the face of our Brand.
• Deliver award winning customer service through every customer interaction utilising specialist knowledge, skills and experience to deliver industry leading customer outcomes
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of our suite of products and service offering including that of our competitors to confidently understand the needs of our customers, providing guidance, service or solutions where appropriate, referring to specialist colleagues where necessary
• Identify customers in financial difficulties or vulnerable situations and work with them to reach a mutually acceptable solution utilising appropriate guidance provided
• Identify customer needs and respond to them appropriately ensuring all relevant facts and information are gathered to ensure the outcome is most appropriate for the customer or that the area responsible for proceeding with the outcome have all relevant information to maintain an excellent customer experience. This will include (but not limited to) the bank’s alternative servicing channels e.g. Digital to ensure our customer are fully aware of the different ways they can bank, in a channel and at a time of their choice
• Ensure that all interactions with customers are recorded and updated on the relevant system, adhering to all relevant processes and procedures, to enable accurate data and performance management and to make sure our customer information is protected at all times
• Support the team by providing help, guidance and feedback to others, sharing best practice and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role. Support and promote compliance with those requirements within the role and the business. Maintain full competence within the role as outlined in the Training & Competence scheme
• Take responsibility for your continued personal development through the use of appropriate HR tools and systems. Maintenance of a relevant, timely personal development plan is expected
• Balance work commitments with studying towards a recognized qualification
Working WeekFlexible – patterns between 06:00-22:00, consisting of 2 weeks of earlies (pre 6pm finish) and 2 weeks of lates (post 6 pm finish) & 50% Weekend days, typically 1 full weekend in, 2 part weekends (Sat or Sun) and 1 full weekend off every 4 weeks
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Maths and English Grades A - D
• Computer literate
Any previous work experience will stand you in good stead for a career in customer services and can include part-time, gap year, or full-time - but it’s not mandatory. We would also be keen to understand more about your hobbies and extracurricular activities.
Personal Qualities• Good time management
• A passion for customer experience
• A positive, can do approach
• A willingness to learn, progress and help within the team
• Takes the initiative and can think innovatively