Job DescriptionAre you a competent user of Microsoft Excel with a flair for numbers? ATL are recruiting an Apprentice Data Analyst to join their team. Working predominantly within the warehousing department, you will provide analytical and data support to various teams within the business.
The main purpose of the role is to provide analytical and data input support to various teams within the business.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Uphold organisation’s core values, providing a positive and encouraging atmosphere at all times to ensure all staff work to their best abilities.
• Working with the wider team to maintain and develop a positive progressive culture within the business.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
• Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, Quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the effective health, safety & welfare of self and the wider team.
• Production of reports and KPIs.
• Set up analysis/reporting infrastructure that can be use on an basis to asses future operational performance
• Data cleansing.
• Access, analyse, process and validate data, ensuring that all inputs and outputs to the applicable business processes are accurate and in accordance with agreed parameters, policies and processes.
• Prepare reports using business analytics reporting tools.
• Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations.
• Prepare and manipulate complex data sets.
• Assist in mapping out digital future, including preparation for a wider A!/Machine learning Projects.
• Analyse historical data to identify immediate performance and efficiency improvements.
• Creating Customer reports.
• Root cause analysis.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager. You are required to follow all ATL policies and procedures at all times and take account of ATL guidance.
Working WeekMonday – Friday, 8.30am till 5pm (30 minutes lunch)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Excel.
- • Ability to question, challenge and improve upon existing processes.
- • Comfortable with undertaking complex analysis
- • Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- • Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels of a business.
- • High level of honesty and integrity.
- • Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- • Resilience with an ability to keep calm under pressure and continue to follow the correct processes even under difficult circumstances.
- • Confident with the ability to deal with logistics professionals at all levels.
- • Willingness to build strong interpersonal relationships with team members and other departments.
Future ProspectsThere is a strong possibility of a full time job and further progression within the business for hard-working apprentices.
The apprenticeship will include:
• KM1 – DELL EMC Qualification - 60308242: BCS Data Analysis Tools.
• KM2 – BCS Award in Data Analysis - 60308230: BCS Data Analysis Concepts.
The delivery will entail 35 days within the academy with a visit to the workplace every 4-6 weeks.